listening to: scorn :: can but try/part of
in case you missed it, it was my birthday this past weekend... (insert happy birthday song)
thank you... anyways, in celebration of my birth, i tried to make something a bit more simple with some ingredients that i haven't been able to use as of yet. this quest let me settle on this recipe which allowed me to use artichoke hearts, a vegetable that i've become quite fond of lately. in any case, this is a very easy recipe that shouldn't take more than 45 mins to make. it will require you to use a grill, so for those of you in the east, you may want to try making this one sooner than later, since that white stuff will be falling on the ground shortly.
3 chicken breasts
louisiana hot sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
14.5 oz can of dice tomatoes
15 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained
3/4 cup of sun-dried tomato pesto
1 sm can of sliced olives
- marinate chicken in mixture of lime juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, balsamic vinaigrette, salt, oregano and basil for 15-20 mins.
- grill chicken
- in a separate pot, mix tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and pesto on medium heat
- add in oregano, basil, garlic and salt and mix on low heat
- when chicken is grilled to your liking, remove from grill and serve tomato/artichoke mixture on top of the chicken.
- in the picture is a san francisco sour dough french loaf, but choose whatever bread you want