chili was on the plate or in the bowl rather and the timing couldn't have been more perfect with the superbowl having just passed.
this recipe has undergone many transformations and iterations in my many years of creating the treasured treat, but i'm confident that this is the best that has ever turned out.
1 lb ground beef
6 habanero and chili sausage links
4 green onions
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 cans of red beans
2 tomato sauce cans (10 oz)
3 cloves of garlic
1 chili seasoning powder packet
pinch of salt
ground cumin seed
- Brown ground beef and add chili seasoning powder; when complete put in large pot
- slice sausage and brown to liking; add to pot when complete
- heat canola oil, add chopped up garlic and ginger; add vegetables and sautee for a few minutes, then add to pot
- place pot on low-medium heat, add beans, tomato sauce and have fun adding all the extras in to your desire
- cook on low heat for 10-20 minutes, covering and stirring regularly
when finished, serve and enjoy... cheers to beers!
Post a Comment