anyways, here's a new one for y'all to dig into and my first real foray into the world of asian cuisine... specifically, chinese food. i figure if i'm going to order it up or eat at these various locations, i might as well give it a shot. and the attempt turned out quite magnificent.
1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 green onions, chopped
6 asparagus stalks
- create beef marinade by adding 1.5 tbsp corn starch, 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp worcestershire, 2 tbsp of water 1 tbsp canola oil; mix until smooth, add in beef and marinate for 1 hour
- heat oil in large pan on high, add mustard seed, peppercorns, fennel, garlic and ginger
- when garlic is light brown, add in marinated beef and cook on medium heat
- when beef has reached desired color, removing beef with slotted spoon and set aside
- add green onion, green pepper, asparagus, water chesnuts, baby corn, bean sprouts and zucchini to same pan on medium heat and cover for a few minutes.
- add beef back and tomatoes, stir and cover on low heat
- create sauce to put over mixture by adding corn starch, soy sauce, water, ketchup, lemon juice, coriander, curry powder, cumin, sriracha and salt; add to pan, stir thoroughly
- boil brown rice in separate pan (or cheat and use a rice cooker like me)
serve mixture over brown rice with tsingtao in hand.